Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Wikipedia- Thing 16

I found that a lot of the wiki entries were very informative. It seemed a lot of them were used to keep customers and/or staff up to date on events in their libraries.

I found it very interesting (and a good idea!) to use a wiki for procedures. We here at our branch have been searching for a good way to keep staff informed of changes that are coming or have already happened. I think we may be using this tool very soon!

I also really liked how the wikis are set up in a bibliographic format. It makes it very easy to use and see the contents of each page.

I think a few of the best applications that I can see this used for is event information sharing and procedure updates and/or changes. We will be talking about this at our next all staff meeting at AB!

2 comments:

Virtual Services Team said...

I hope you let us know about your wiki experiences if you decide to use one at your branch. It can really help as it keeps everything in one place and accessible by all.

EROCK said...

Heya Kristen,

Long time! It's Eric! I see you're doing this little program thingy too. I just joined up and sent my participation email to the team earlier today. I'm not using Blogspot though, I'm using xanga so hopefully that's acceptable. Hope things are well on your end!

-Eric Ha